Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Motivational Poster

For our motivational poster we need to have four pictures.  The first three are pictures that we took of things that symbolize us.  I took a picture of a bush in the desert in front of these big canyons, this picture symbolizes me because I am a small part of a big and beautiful picture.  The second one was a picture of a corner of a path, this symbolizes me because I never know what's going to happen in life but I just keep walking.  My final symbol is of a rainbow,  a rainbow symbolizes me because I can make someones day brighter even after a terrible day.  We also had to include a portrait of ourselves, we had a partner take it and we took theirs.  We wrote manifestos and needed to include those along with personal quotes that we wrote. To make our motivational poster visually appealing we had to kern our words to make it fit the entire page.  Not only that but we needed to have different text and font sizes.  We had a Triadic Color Scheme which is three colors evenly spaced around the color wheel.

The very first step of our first 2015-2016 GT project was to write our own personal quotes, the second step was to write our manifesto.  After we wrote both of those things we copied and pasted those two pieces of text into Photoshop and kerned them so that the text went from one side of the page to the other without any gaps. When we finished kerning we added our four images that we took, three symbols and one portrait of ourselves.  Once we added the images we laid them out so there was no spaces and they all fit nicely.  After adding and adjusting our images we started getting creative and using or triadic color scheme to change the color of the text, to our text we added strokes, bevel and emboss, drop shadows etc.  As soon as we were done adding effects to our text we started with the images.  I individually edited each of my images before adding my effects to all of them.  I saturated each of my images, to make them stand out more. I also adjusted the brightness and contrast of all the photos individually.  I then added the adjustment layer curves to all of my images.    


I think my biggest challenge was trying to get the text to cover the whole page without any gaps.  I think this was my biggest challenge because I was only thinking about having the text one way and I wasn't open to any more ideas.  When I finally found another way to do it I kerned it so there wasn't any more gaps.  The other reason I had trouble with it was because I wanted it to be obvious that there was two separate pieces of text, my manifesto being first and my personal quotes being last. As soon as I figured out a way to make it obvious it was two separate pieces of text (by making the font size and font color different,) I was able to make it look nice and I was able to show the two separate pieces of text. 



No comments:

Post a Comment