Wednesday, September 30, 2015

My Humorous Monologue


JensenT_Comedy from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.
For the past couple weeks in Kapa'a Middle School's GT class, kids from sixth grade to eighth grade have been working very hard to memorize and film their comedic monologues.  The long class periods of editing, filming and memorizing have come to an end, the monologues are complete.  Each person takes knowledge away from this project, knowledge of how to edit, film, and use a camera.  Each has made their own mistakes, but I am here to tell you all about what I learned.  I think the most important thing I learned is to not procrastinate so much.  I didn't film my B-roll till the very last day, this made me really stressed out and I was searching high and low for footage to add.  Lucky for me we got extra days to film, but I know that I can't expect that to happen all the time.

Pad is when you add extra time at the beginning and at the end of your clips.  It is important to pad your clips because when you just start right when the camera you're going to cut a lot of your video, clips or sound off.  Also if you don't add pad you are going to have to re-film and no one wants to re-film.  Pad is also really good to have because it's really easy to do and it only takes a couple seconds. Make sure you pad when you are filming, it makes editing and your life ten times easier and way less stressful!

My biggest weakness is I procrastinate way to much and by the end of the project I am stressed and struggling to finish the project.  My strength is editing, I love editing and I think it's pretty easy.  I can improve by trying for the best
not the average.  I think if i tried harder to make it perfect my work would be a lot better.  I really enjoyed this project and I can't wait to do another one like it soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment