Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Finished News Story



My story was about Henry Panui and how he balances his business with his family and his passion and love for surfing. Henry Panui owns the Magic Carpet Care company that he started himself and operates it himself. Thank you to all the people who took time out of their schedules to let us film them, Henry Panui, his wife Kerry Panui and his sister Daphane Panui and my mom who drove us everywhere to get stuff filmed. Also all my team members Leilia, Daileen and Jasmine.

Our final didn't turn out as good as I would've hoped, I think my team and I could have done a lot better and were capable of an a lot better project. We had a great story and really good interviews, but we didn't get very much b-roll or put it together very well. We all had very different schedules so it was really hard to schedule a time when we could all get together and get stuff done. We turned it in but I know that my team and I were capable of a much better story.

        
We got mostly two's from the class and a couple threes and ones. I agree with what the class voted, I voted a two also. I think we got a two because it wasn't put together very well and it was mostly just interviews and very little b-roll. I learned a lot from this project and I know that next time I have a project like this I won't make the same mistakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment