Monday, May 23, 2016

Music Video Finale

P1T1 Girls Just Want To Have Fun from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo.


The final project of the year, as eighth graders our final project in GT, the music video project. This year my team is Meagan and Tu, we are doing the song "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper. We chose this song because we wanted to do a fun upbeat song that we would have a lot of fun creating and filming. At first we were just going to have a bunch of girls having fun in our video but as we got advice from Mr. Sandrel and began production we found that it would be better to have a story. So we decided to split the three verses among the three of us, Meagan has the first verse, I have the second verse and Tu has the third verse. Meagan's verse starts with her walking in the house kind of upset and then her mom yells at her "when you gonna live your life right," Meagan then proceeds to lip sync to the chorus of girls just wanna have fun. The shot transitions to me sitting outside of school doing home work looking upset, Meagan and Tu pull me up and I throw the papers into the air

My favorite fast-edit montage sequence is the one that we used before we started the second verse.  It starts off as a wide of me doing homework, then at the first down beat it switches to a medium shot, down beat close, downbeat back to wide, downbeat new shot. I really like this fast montage sequence because it is editing to the beat of the music and it makes the video look super cool with so many different shots in a matter of seconds. This part of the story is my part, I'm very frustrated with my homework and then two girls come and pull me up to tell me let's go have some fun. The shot then changes to a shot at my house where my dad is yelling at me and telling me "What you gonna do with your life," we then proceed to silly string him while lip syncing "girls just wanna have fun oh girls just wanna have fun......." This whole sequence of shots really contributes to the story and make the video more interesting and less predictable.

This music video showcases my best work by showing the editing and filming skills that I have learned over the past two years. This music video shows that I know how to make good video using the compositions techniques that I have learned. It also shows that I know how to make good video using the things I have learned about working the camera.  It shows the editing techniques I've learned because in my music video there are many color enhancements that show that I have learned how to work iMovie. Also editing to the beat and syncing the song with the lip sync is complicated and getting it right shows the editing skills and precision that I have learned to use while editing. I also think that the story line to my song and the way we portray the song shows something about what I've learned about how to write a story and go to good "sets" to match the story and what is happening in the story. For example, I have learned that to film a scene that should take place at school I have to go to a school or film it in school not on the beach or at home on my couch. I have really enjoyed doing this music video project and I have enjoyed GT, this music video project is
a good project to end middle school with.

16 comments:

  1. Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful. Kumpulan Bokep ABG Berjilbab Hypersex

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is so nice blog and I am very inspired by your blog. you say very well about P1T1 Girls Just Want To Have Fun from Kapaa Middle School MEDIA on Vimeo. We are Powermind SSC Coaching Institute and we are provide Bank Coaching in Jaipur

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creativity is the peice of art so you can listen your favorite song on Best Smartwatches 2019 edition

    ReplyDelete