Monday, December 1, 2014

Proactive or Procrastination?

I'm mostly a procrastinator but when it comes to school I am pretty proactive.  I like to get my homework done right when I get home from school so that I can do anything I want the rest of the night.  When the project doesn't have anything to with school, or my grade I put it off to the very first minute.   Also, when I am done with my schoolwork I just sit around and don't really do anything.

When I'm really focused I can get stuff done pretty fast and have lots of free time.  A lot of times I will watch TV while doing my homework, when I do this I take a really long time to finish my  homework.  When I'm in a room with my little siblings it takes me a really long time to do my homework because I can't focus with a lot of noise or when people are talking to me.  When I am in a room by myself or there is no noise and no ones talking to me I can get a lot of work done in a short amount of time.  I have quite a bit of free time because I do all my homework right after school, but I don't really use my free time wisely.

The one thing I would change about my work habits is I would try to become more focused and not get distracted as easily.  The way I would do this is I would try to tune people out and only think about what I am doing and not what I want to do when I am done.  I also could try to find a place where I won't get distracted and I will focus more.  I also think that I can try and pay more attention to the work I am doing and check my answers more than once for silly mistakes.



1 comment: