Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Movie Trailer Critique


We were asked to create a movie trailer, this movie trailer could be from a movie we have seen or we could create our own.  My group and I created our own, it's about a girl who goes missing when she finds a picture of a ghost. This girls name is Annabelle, her best friend, Julie, goes out to find her. I wasn't the only one who worked on this project, my group also consisted of Meagan and Cara.  I was the voice actor,  I wrote the synopsis as well.  I also played Julie, Annabelle's best friend who goes to find her when she goes missing.  Me and Cara also filmed most of the scenes that take place in school, while Meagan edited them to make sure we had all the requirements.


We were required to have special effects, a movie trailer poster with all of the requirements, at least five scenes, a voice acting script that was well rehearsed, text lay overs, music, foley and it had to be appropriate for kids in first grade. Our movie trailer was also supposed to be 1 minute and 30 seconds to 2 minutes and 30 seconds. We completed all the requirements, we had lots of effects that we used to make it scarier and have more of a ghost theme. We also all made a poster and then we chose which which one we wanted on our trailer. We chose Meagan's, hers had all the requirements. We had a lot more then five scenes, and we had a voice acting script, that was done by me. We had footsteps on the scenes where we were running away from something or to something. Our trailer was appropriate for the audience, but I think we could've done better.

Our class voted us mostly satisfactory, I agree with my class. I think we could have done better and made it so that the plot was more clear than it is in our trailer. I also feel like we repeated the same scene over and over again just in different places. We had a lot of running, whether it was a shot of the feet or a shot of them running from far away. We also had a lot of scenes of the picture blowing away. I think we could've had one scene of the picture blowing away then have like blacked out or something. I also feel like we could have done a little better with the audience we were making the trailers for. I think we could have made a movie trailer that first grade kids wouldn't be scared of, or something they would have enjoyed. Other than theses things I think we did a pretty good job, I enjoyed making this movie trailer.

1 comment: